Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Golden memories from a Golden Age


The 1980s were the Golden Age of DC  anniversary issues. I have all of these except for the Adventure and the World's Finest. Being able to consistently buy new, original DCs was still a new feeling in the early to mid 80s, with comic shops just starting in NZ, after years of mostly only KG Murray black and white Aussie reprints.


I sent away for Justice League # 200 to Donald Whyte of Buffalo, New York after seeing his ad in the first price guide I bought, the 1982-3 edition. The thrill of receiving what was my first overseas parcel and reading that comic featuring my favourite superhero team was just overwhelming. I read it so many times and Gerry Conway delivered a great story with fantastic art by Perez.


https://13thdimension.com/the-top-13-dc-comics-bronze-age-anniversary-issues-ranked/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jack Kirby, American Gladiator vs Snowman the Impersonator

The story of money exploiting talent, product trampling art, is as old as human nature. The storyteller creates the concept, the stories, th...